So that our approach to supporting children with Special Educational Needs is consistent and effective we follow the policies and procedures set out below. Further to our own school policies we have also attached a link to the Local Authority 'Local Offer'. This sets out what families and children should expect in terms of support if they have special educational needs.
As with any other section of our school website we would welcome a conversation with you if you have any questions or queries.
We would also like to draw your attention to SENDIASS.
SENDIASS is an independent team of highly trained and experienced SEND specialists, whose role is to give families, children, young people and professionals impartial and unbiased advice and support. Their website http://sendiassnorthyorkshire.co.uk/ is a constantly expanding source of information, including short video clips explaining aspects of the SEND process, leaflets and animations, and they are very active in sharing helpful information on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
* A telephone advice service Monday to Friday 01609 536923
* Information - videos and leaflets
* Support in preparation for meetings and appeals
* Information sessions for parents/carers
* Training and workshops - now all online
* 1:1 support and advice appointments via video call